MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Goin' on a road trip

I won tickets to see the sold out Eagle's concert in Edmonton tonight, so H. and I are heading up as soon as she is done work (which hopefully, she is able to finish early today). Just 3 hours to the north, but there's supposed to be snow and storm blowing in (if the wind here in Calgary is any indication, it'll be a cold one!!!!), so I'd rather have the extra time to get there and not fret about the drive on the highway.

Just packed a lunch/snack for us both...road trips used to mean mini-donuts, bags of chips, cheetos, pop, etc. Now I have hummus, artichoke & spinach dip, whole wheat mini pitas, carrots, celery sticks and snow peas. And two bottles of water. Oh, and some cheddar cheese - nice extra old stuff, so we get massive flavour for little bites.

I was going to try and run 15k today...my long slow tomorrow is supposed to be 29k, but since I most likely won't be returning until after 2, the thoughts of going on a 3+ hour run afterwards is a little daunting. However, when I went out to get the car ready (you know...check the oil, top of the fluids, make sure I have duct tape for emergencies), that wind blew all thoughts of running out of my head!! Went for a walk instead, to drop something off at the bank, and then hit the grocery store for said snacks. At least I got out.

I also managed to tear myself away from my desk twice this week, and hit the running paths at lunch. Did a nice set of hills on Wednesday, and walked/ran 5.5k on Thursday. Looking forward to getting back into the routine after my month end glitch.

Well...the car is packed, I'm changed and ready to roll. Now just waiting for H. to call to say she's done, whip her home to grab her gear and we're hittin' the highway!! Don Henley, here we come!

1 comment:

Hotch Potchery said...

I hope you had a great time at the concert!