MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Global Warming?!

Woke to snow again this morning. It is March 28th, right?!? I think someone needs to buy Mother Nature a calendar...she is obviously confused about which month it is! And there is now a heavy snowfall warning in place for Calgary, as we can expect another 10+ cm of snow tonight. That will make my 23k tomorrow a very special treat indeed! But Vancouver is 5 weeks and counting, so must stick to it.

H. and I did go out for a run/walk/slide this morning - ended up walking a stretch due to the very large patches of ice hidden underneath said layer of snow - which was good - 4.25 km. Even though I was off all week, I seemed to forget to schedule in a run or two. That's the thing about staycations...while I love the sleeping in and naps and puttering about, I miss the structure and schedule of work. And I work right on the Bow River pathway system, so I have absolutely no excuse not to run at lunch. Not even the lack of showers or a gym at my office deters me...let people think I'm stinky. At least it's a healthy stink!

After our run, we grabbed a coffee (Venti, non-fat Quin latte...sounds so European!) and headed over the farmer's market. I am so happy H. introduced me to the market. Must remember to tell her that. Other friends never expressed interest, or had a million excuses why we couldn't/shouldn't go. Now it's a weekly or biweekly trip, and I eat healthy, mostly local produce and other goodies. Today was mainly a veggie run...next time I'll get the Greek stuff, maybe some pasta from the nice Italian dude and I'm anxious to try the Bison hotdogs, but they've been sold out for a while now and are waiting for a new shipment. Even tried their Ramsey location, but they were out too.

Still have some leftover minestrone, which I will add some more broth too (pasta sucked it all up last night, so now I have stoup!) and make some more pesto with the fresh basil I just bought. Then I'll head out and work on the glacier I have building up on my back downspout and then maybe take a nap!

Aw...one more day, and I'm back to work. Sigh...

2 comments:

H-woman said...

Happy even when I drag you all the way back through the throngs of people to buy the Alberta grown eggplant instead of the Mexican one?!

H =P

Carol said...

Especially happy being dragged through throngs of people!
:)