MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Three for Thursday

Seems like a good title, no?

1) It was shoulderiffic day at boot camp tonight.  Presses, squat presses, presses with bands, push-ups, wide hand push-ups, weird hand push-ups (one hand is close to shoulder, the other is wider out by head...try it...you'll like it), lat raises, bent over rows, dead lifts with row...throw in some running around, full body bikes, toe touches, lunges, ab work and curls, and you have our night.  I sweat up a real storm.

2) Despite setting a goal of 0 pounds lost/gained this week at Weight Watchers, and having FUN at my company Christmas party, I managed to lose 1.2 pounds today at weigh-in.  I really feel like all my hard work is starting to come together.  I still indulge every now and then, but it's controlled and not all the time, like before.  Finally my internal motor (read: metabolism) is up and running smoothly, after years of abuse and neglect.  Just needed a good kick in the can!  Also had Trainer Josh measure me for one last time (sniff, sniff), and while I don't have the actual numbers yet, we're both pretty sure I managed to trim off yet another 1-2 inches.  Boo-yah!

3) I "may" have done something a little crazy today.  Certifiable, actually.  My defense, should I need one, is that all the cool kids are doing it, and my running peeps make it sound like so much fun.  Yes, I am now part of a team that will be racing the Sinister 7 in July 2012.  The team portion of this race sold out in just over an hour today, so I'll be part of 1050 (?) other teams made up of other crazy people.  Should be fun.  And while I was in a "oh, sure, sounds like a plan" moment, I also signed up for (gulp) my very first Ultra.  Only this one is in February...in Calgary...that's in Canada...in FEBRUARY!  It's called the Frozen Ass 50 for a reason, and it's actually 52km.  What the heck have I done?!  In case anyone is counting, that's a Half, an Ultra, a marathon and a relay trail run so far for 2012.  And here I said I wouldn't do as many races next year!  Someone save me from myself.

But if you think I'm crazy, look who I learned it from.  I come by it honestly, as this guy was my marathon clinic instructor for two seasons.  Run, Gorrest, Run.

Later,

No comments: