MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fresh mountain air

Sorry - no post last night.  It was a LONG day, as I was at Edworthy Park  at 6am (yes, AM!) for boot camp.  That meant the alarm went off at 5...yuck!  After an hour of running, push-ups, squats, jumping rope, curls, rows, etc, I drove to the nearest Starbucks, grabbed my 6-shots of heaven and drove into work.  Who the heck are all these people, and why are they in my way?!  I don't get how people drive to work every single day.  I would have to hurt myself...walking in is so much more peaceful!  Got to the office, changed and got all purdy for the office, and sat at my desk by 8.  Walked on by the meeting room filled with pizza, pop and Caesar salads at lunch, on my way to Weight Watchers.  I am strong like ox!  Although that pizza smelled damn good!!  People questioned how I could walk away from pizza (a gift from our VP for surviving year end), and I just said I was allergic to it...it makes my butt swell. 

My strength was rewarded, as I lost another 1.2 pounds at weigh-in.  That pushed me past 40 (it's been a year) and resulted in a 10 pound loss since letting Trainer Josh push me around 5 days a week, and tell me what to (and what not to) eat every day!  It sounds like a concentration camp, but he's very easy going, and we do joke about it all the time.  He really does care that I get back my live, and therefore my ability to run, to speed up, to hike, to climb, to lift...to move in general without pain.  And I really don't miss the carbs after 3pm.  It just makes me take a closer look at what I'm actually putting in mouth.  What a concept, huh??  Move more and eat less.  Wow.  We should market it!

After work, I went over to Eau Claire to help out with package pick-up for Melissa's Road Race.  It's an annual race in Banff, Canada,  that is so popular, it sells out in 2-3 hours every year.  I'm running the 22 (don't know who came up with 22, rather than 21.1 but it's what it's always been - there's a 10k too) with some of the hiking ladies, and am aiming for a 2:30 finish.  This year this is some construction, so the route had to be changed and is "only" 20.67 or something like that.  Just won't be the same, but it's still an excuse to spend the weekend in Banff, one of my favourite places in the world.  And for handing out race bibs, and answering questions, I got my entry fee paid back to me.  Yippee!  Ran into said ladies last night, as they returned from a training run, so we all went to the Barley Mill for beer and dinner.  Threw the staff over there off a little (yes, we are there every Wednesday night) but I had my usual...Guinness,  mussels (no bread) and salad.  Got home after 10pm, so went straight to bed.  Did not turn on computer, did not pass go!

Returned to normal routine today...work, walked up to Gord's Running Store at lunch and finally got some women's runners that fit, walked back to the office (5k total?), had lunch, made it home, packed, changed, loaded up the truck, went to boot camp (Tabata Friday!), filled the truck  with fuel and drove to Banff.  Some highway trouble before leaving the city (a jeep on fire at side of road...no one hurt) but made it here, changed again, met up with C. & K., who are both running tomorrow, and had some dinner.  A pint, a nice walk through downtown Banff (and where the weather is phenomenal!) and I am back in my hotel, catching up on blogs and winding down.

Okay...I have the alarm set - this race has a gloriously late start at 10:40 - and my gear all laid out.  Time to crawl into bed.  Race and day recap tomorrow night.

Later,

No comments: