MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Catching up

These days it feels like if you blink, you'll miss it.  The day that is.  Again, I posted Sunday and here it is Tuesday already.  But I was very good and was in bed, lights out and I'm certain asleep by 10:10 last night.  That has to be a first.  I am heading there shortly.

Boot camp last night was hard.  And want to know why??  Because I ended up only going ONCE last week.  ONCE!!!!  What was that all about?!  I am determined to go 4 times this week, to make up, but I would have been happy to go 5.  But tonight I had plans.  Back to hard....I was huffing and puffing, and still felt the effects of my chips-a-thon of the weekend.  I most definitely will hold onto that feeling for a long time, so the next time I feel the urge to indulge, I won't!    We ran Douglas Fir (I didn't even make it to the top), and did a few laps of the bitch trail, many, many squats and pivot lunges (which I hate even more than regular lunges, if you can imagine) and all over hard work.  After class, Trainer Josh and I had another heart-to-heart, as I've signed up for their nutrition program in addition to the next 6-week session.  The online one I signed up for through Groupon totally sucks the big one, as the "support" entails a weekly email about some stupid health tip, like (and so far, my favourite) "trim the visible fat off of your steak to make it leaner"...REALLY?!?!?!  For this, I paid $49?!?!?!?  Oh, wait, I also received a weekly menu...that would be ONE weekly menu for a 12-week program, and a sheet of exercises to do, all of which I do 3 times a week in boot camp (when I go 3 times, of course!).  Can you say RIPPED OFF??  Anyway, I'm throwing myself at Josh's feet, begging for guidance.  I need a firm hand to smack me hard when I make a stupid decision, like I did on the weekend.

Tonight I met up with a distant cousin (3 times removed??) who's wife is a resident here at the Alberta Children's Hospital, while he finishes school and starts a contract job back in Toronto.  We didn't see a lot of each other growing up...I think he was here with his mother once, when he was 18 mo old, and then again when he entered his twenties.  He's growing into being a nice young man, and I'm looking forward to showing them both my town.  In fact, she seemed excited by the prospect of going hiking with me one weekend that she doesn't have to work, since she's new to the mountains.  Should be fun, and if one us falls, we have a doctor to look after us!  Score!!

Okay...it is time to hit the hay.

Later,

No comments: