MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, January 9, 2012

Presses, squats and burpees, oh my!

It's been a loooonnnnngggg two weeks, but this morning finally saw the return to boot camp!  Just in time...I was enjoying my lie-ins a little too much during the week, and I definitely noticed a direct line between endorphin levels earned exercising and excess snacking/sugar cravings.  As I type this, I have not craved anything tonight, and I just realized that.

I arrived first at 5:45am...read that carefully, my friends.  I arrived first!  Soon, I. (who hasn't been to boot camp in FOREVER) and his delightful puppy Joey arrived, followed by other boot camp regulars.  We decided to warm up outside (+8C this morning!), running around the block.  Keep in mind this specific block is about 2km long.  Got inside just after 6, and then we really got to work.  We warmed up further with lunges, broad jumps, high knees and butt kicks, before settling down to "get tough".  Oh my...this is going to hurt. 

Our first circuit involved 4 burpees (seriously?!), 6 squats or jump squats, 8 push-ups, 16 squat swings and 32 full sit-ups (not crunches).  Repeat...FIVE TIMES!!!  I'm pretty proud that I made it past the third round before Trainer Josh called time, but I think I actually sweat cookies and the likes through my pores.  Then it was on to lunges, squat presses and drop leg flies...over and over and over again.  After a blessed stop for water, we moved on to the next circuit of 10 sumo deadlift rows followed by 10 shoulder presses.   Ow.

Some toe touches, banana, scissors and plank, followed by cross-legged sit-ups and negatives and the hour literally flew by!  I've never been happier to be back at it.  Granted, body parts are seizing as I type.

Home, clean up, change and walk to work, work hard all morning, another walk at lunch (the wind was getting downright nasty: 60-80km gusts again today), home, change (again...) and back to Eau Claire for my clinic.  Had 8 show up tonight, and after a great clothing talk, we went out for tonight's 25 minute jaunt, but we did increase to 7:1's.  Everyone is doing so well, although I am stretching myself a little thin trying to keep an eye on the speedsters in the front and the back of the packers.  I still have to work on my pacing situation. 

Home (phew...this time for good), where I ate leftovers of lentil rice pilaf, the diced up lamb and some chopped roasted red peppers, before having a treat of Liberte Coconut crack yogurt.  So darn good!

Off to the chiropractor tomorrow as I'm having an issue with my left leg, but nothing I can really say "this is wrong".  I just know it doesn't feel right (doesn't hurt while running, and I'm not limping, but it hurts while I'm sitting still or standing...don't like it...not one little bit!) and I want it fixed.  Besides it's a new calendar year and that means $500 to spend.  Yippee!

It is well past my bedtime, but since I don't have to be up at 5am, I'll set the alarm for 6.  Yes, I am that much of a rebel!

Later,

No comments: