MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, March 29, 2013

13.4

Workout 13.4

7 minute AMRAP of:
3 Clean and jerk
3 Toes-to-bar
6 Clean and jerk
6 Toes-to-bar
9 Clean and jerk
9 Toes-to-bar
12 Clean and jerk
12 Toes-to-bar
15 Clean and jerk
15 Toes-to-bar
18 Clean and jerk
18 Toes-to-bar...
This is a timed workout. If you complete the round of 18, go on to 21. If you complete 21, go on to 24, etc.

Just when I was proud (and amazed) that 75# was the heaviest I had lifted, they go and add TWENTY POUNDS!!!  Yes, that's right...tomorrow I will attempt to clean (lift the bar from the ground to my shoulders and rest) and jerk (push the bar up above my head, till my whole body is extended and in line) NINTY-FIVE EFFING POUNDS, repeatedly.  And THEN, for kicks (pun intended), I will jump on the rack and attempt to get my toes to touch it at the same time (as per photo attached).  Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...sorry, but my T2B look more like toes to hip.  I'll be thrilled with one rep in this round.  I was going to try last night, but my left shoulder was having none of it.  So home to ice and rest, and I'll keep stretching, icing and moving, and working my way up to 95# over today and tomorrow.  BUT I did finally get my special lifting shoes this week (yeah, yeah, yeah...drank the koolaid...okay, "chugged" is probably a better description!).  We'll be putting them to the test for sure.

And, by the way, how do you catch a cat?  Put a box out.  Anywhere.  Period.  Giorgio says hi.

I did run this week, twice.  That's an improvement.  Ran about 2.5k on Tuesday, while the group did a 5k time trial (aka race pace).  I ran unbroken, and even got my pace up a bit as I ran back in with Garrath, aka Speed Demon Instructor.  Then Wednesday, I wanted to run hills.  Not a lot, but I wanted to see if I remembered how!  Ran the 3k to said training hill unbroken, and then managed to do 3 hills.  Not bad, since those are the first hills for me this clinic.  I then ran the 3k back to Eau Claire unbroken.  Well, I did stop to watch the seagulls (they know they are no where near the ocean, right?!  One would think the ice flow in the middle of the river would have tipped them off) and a gorgeous Golden Eagle taking in the late day sun.  The eagle was perched on a log in the river, and two seagulls decided it would be fun to buzz him (her?).  I was waiting for the moment that the eagle, patiently tucking his head every time, was going to jump up and BAMMO seagulls.  Nature is harsh but cool.  But then I cooled off pretty quick and wanted to get back.  Don't know how this particular story ended.

I am within .5 pounds of the promised land, people.  Okay, so not THE promised land, but weighing in with a number that starts with a ONE again.  It's been a long year, but I have to say since January and between Paleo and CrossFit, I'm down 20ish pounds.  TWENTY!!  And I'm old(er) and menopausal, so it can be done.  Just like lifting 95#.

Yay for fitness!

No comments: