MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What?!

Yesterday I got my flu shot.  Yesterday, I felt fine.  Today...not so much!  Now, I know for a fact that you do not get the flu from the flu shot.  I've been getting the shot every single year for the past 16+ years, and except for the odd year when the doctors truly have no idea what the germs have in store for us, have been just fine.

Today was an exception.  I am achy, my head hurts, sneezing, throat is a little on the scratchy side and I've already had two accidental naps on the couch since coming from from work.  In other words, I am not well.  I even...wait for it...it's shocking...stayed home from boot camp and Wednesday night beer/dinner with the peeps!  That must mean I'm sick!

I did my best to recreate my latest Wednesday dinner of horseradish salmon, asparagus and salad, but sans Guinness.  Sadly, I do not have a keg to tap at home, and Guinness is best in draft.  Can or bottle...blech.  The salmon is super easy, and oh, so tasty.  Mix together equal parts mayonnaise and horseradish (I like it to have a bit of a kick...to mix to taste) and schmear (yes, that is a technical cooking term) on a nice, thick piece of salmon.  Sprinkle top with panko crumbs...you don't need a lot, like a tablespoon or so.  Bake in a hot oven (I cooked mine at 400F) until the salmon is just done and panko starts to brown.  Meanwhile, grill or pan fry asparagus till tender crisp, and mix up a salad of greens, tomato and cucumber slices.  Top with Balsamic dressing.  Enjoy.

Today is day 3 of my FatSecret challenge of not eating after 8pm.  Not that I really did, but man, the minute you say you can't, it's all you want to do.  I have to say not feeling 100% tonight has helped quell the urges.

Okay...off to heavily medicate and go to bed.  Hoping a good, solid night's sleep will help me kick whatever this is to the curb.  After all, it's my Christmas party on the weekend and I plan on having FUN!  After running 16-20km that day, of course.  Yay...more booze food dancing!

Later,

1 comment:

H-woman said...

OMG, I just made the salmon! So good!!

=D