MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, July 22, 2013

Six weeks is 41 days too long

To be away from all activity, that is.  I had my "triumphant" return to the Box (Crossfit Currie Barracks) on Friday night, after meeting both coaches earlier in the week, to discuss my options and abilities.  While everyone else did The Bear Complex (20min EMOM: 1 power clean, 1 front squat, 1 shoulder to overhead, 1 back squat, 1 shoulder to overhead), I attempted my own EMOM of 5 ring pulls, 10 push-ups and 15 air squats.  Sadly, with the boot, it took longer to get up/down for the push-ups and squats that my 20 minutes turned into an AMRAP.  I ended up with 11 rounds completed in the 20 minutes, and was one very sweaty, happy mess.

By the way: EMOM = every minute, on the minute, AMRAP = as many reps/rounds as possible

I was pleased with my efforts and just the fact that I showed up.  People were quite amused/amazed to see me hobbling around the box with one Oly lifting shoe and the boot.


However, I soon learned that 6 weeks off ALL activity means pain.  Not broken bone pain, but "OMG, why does it hurt so much to move my arms?" pain!  I could barely lift the sheet off myself in the morning, and then standing up...well, that was a whole other ball game!!!!  Let's just say Advil and Voltarin cream were my best friends all weekend!

Of course, I'll be back tonight!  Shoulder press (seated), air squats and sit-ups.  Twelve minute AMRAP.  I can do anything for 12 minutes.  Shouldn't hurt...much.  Tomorrow I will head to the pool.  I will, I swear.  Apparently just buying the pass isn't considered actually swimming.  Who knew?!

Yay for fitness,

No comments: