MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, December 1, 2012

December Running Streak

Wow...where did November go?  In fact, where did 2012 go?!  I know everyone says it's a sign of ageing  but man, days and weeks just fly by.

Started December in fine style - with a killer WOD at Crossfit.  I hate burpees...have I ever mentioned that??

Anyway, we started the day with 50 seal-jacks (like a jumping jack, but clap like a seal instead of waving your arms), inchworms (with push-up, of course) across the Box and back, high kicks across and butt kicks back, then 10.10.10 push-ups, sit-ups and squats, times 3.  Now that we were all warm, it was time for the actual WOD!!  It was the last day of bring a friend (like I would do this to a friend!) and was another team WOD.  I like team WODs, as you can work off each others strengths and support those weaknesses.  Of course, I haven't really found any of my crossfit pal's "weaknesses"...hmmmm...
Teams of 4, for time, complete:
25 burpees EACH
20 OH (holding a weight over your head - 25 lbs) walking lunges (2 team-members)
20 MB sit-ups (pair up, and throw a medicine ball - 10 lbs - back and forth as you sit up)
20 OH walking lunges (the other 2 team-members)
50 squats EACH
20 OH walking lunges
20 MB slams (pair up, and "bounce" a medicine ball back and forth)
20 OH walking lunges
25 burpees EACH

Burpees, how I loathe thee...but I did all 50 of them.  They may not have been pretty towards the end, but damn it, I did them.  Seriously, what friend would still be talking to me after this??  I was barely talking to me by the end!  LOL!

After stopping for much needed (wanted) caffeine, I came home, ate and then tried to decide what to do next.  You see, it snowed overnight and all morning, so the walks once again needed to be done.  And I had signed up for a challenge in December, to run at least a mile every day, through Strides.  I finally decided to do my run, and then the walks, so I set off.  Did the Elbow Drive, Stanley Park loop, and ended up running 3.71 miles when all was said and done.  Tested out the new Garmin 910 (LOVE the vibrate feature) and thought, man I am running slow...till I realized it was set to miles and not metric! It was chilly (-10C) but once I got going, it was a great day for a run.  And Mr. Knee isn't even acting too upset about the run.  Or the squats...or the lunges, or the burpees.


Came home, grabbed the shovel and got the walks done - more like scraped them, than shovelled, but either way, they are done!  Then, before I ran out of steam, I walked to the drug store to pick up a couple of things, and then the pet shop for food for Mr. Picky-pants.  Eats better than I do!!  Now I'm trying to get my butt in gear to head to a friend's for some Christmas cheer.

Planning on running in the morning out of Eau Claire, but then I have to figure out the miles during the week.
Will let you know what I come up with.

Today I am grateful that Movember is over...nothing against the cause, but it's nice to see my friend's lips and faces again!

Smiling,

No comments: