MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, April 8, 2013

13.5


This is it...the last week of the 5-week CrossFit Open.  When I saw 13.5, I thought maybe Coach was psychic, because this was almost identical to what we did on April 1st...our version of Fran (thrusters, with pull-ups, 21-15-9) which he called Narf...9-15-21 thrusters, with chest to bar.

Then the announcement comes out...say what??


4 minute AMRAP of:
15 Thrusters (100 / 65 lbs)
15 Chest to bar Pull-ups
*4 minute bonus for every 90 reps (3 rounds) completed. (this is where I laughed and laughed and laughed!!)

I knew I was getting no where near doing chest to bars (unassisted, that is), so I only focused on cleaning, squatting and thrusting 65 pounds.  Mission accomplished!  I did three, before my shoulder acted up, so I dropped the bar, and cheered on others.  I was happy.  I got a score, and that's all that matters.

So, 5 weeks, 5 workouts.  I pushed myself to places I didn't know I could.  I lifted weights I didn't know I had in me, but most of all, I tried.  Wait till Open 2014.  I'm going to own it!!!

Ran yesterday, and in typical Calgary fashion, it was on a beautiful Sprinter morning.  That just means that it was foggy and rained Saturday night, in time for the temps to drop below zero, covering everything with a lovely layer of ice.  Made for some interesting footing, and the stabilizers were called into overdrive, but I managed to complete the 17.42k loop.  It was slower than normal, but I was not pushing my group and risking hurting ourselves further.  It wasn't a bad day and for the most part, we ran on the grass when we could.  And after running on the road for part of the loop and down the gravel trail, most of the paths had warmed up enough just to be wet for our return to Eau Claire.  Felt good to do the long run, and I'm feeling very comfortable about running a few km further on May 5th in Vancouver.  Easy-peasy lemon squeezie!!

After running I returned to the Box for the Open wrap-up BBQ, but sadly missed out on everyone competing.  Then a visit with Mom and home briefly before heading out for supper with H-woman.  Probably the best meatloaf I have ever had.  Ever.  So good...

Crossfit tonight was a challenging one.  I think I've actually met a move that I hate even more than burpees.  That would be the dreaded double-under.  Since I ran last week and on the weekend, I decided to give the jumping thing a try.  Sadly, I cannot time my feet and hands (yet) so I spend the whole time whipping myself with my very snappy jump cord, and if you can't do a DU, then you triple the regular skips.  Oh boy!!!  That meant instead of 50-40-30-20-10, I was jumping 150-120-90-20 (attempts = 60 jumps) and 10 attempts (=30!)  Add to that 150 kettlebell swings (50-40-30-20-10) at 26#, AFTER 20 back squats (75#) and you have a very tired girl on your hands.  Happy with her results, but tired!

Really feeling yesterday's run and tonight's lifting, so I think it's time to hit the hay.  In the meantime, I think I've found my new screen saver.


Yay for fitness!

No comments: