MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HAWCS 2

Today was my day to cross yet another first off my list.  I would be riding in a helicopter for the first time.

You all know how much I "love" flying, so I was a bit nervous...okay, a lot nervous.  I took a Gravol with my lunch, and aimed James to the airport.

After filling out the necessary paperwork, and passing (yes, I am that boring) the criminal check with flying colours, we were off.  Had a tour of the hanger, learned about HAWCS 1, met Frasier the pilot and John the officer, and went outside to meet my ride.



It was a lovely day in Calgary, for the first day of spring, but with the warm weather came the wind.  Lots of wind...the Gravol didn't stand a chance!  We did head up, and helped out with tracking a vehicle for the guys below, before heading to the far south end of Calgary, so see the guy with with the fake lawn.  Seriously...neon green stands out amongst all the brown in town.  No fertilizer works that well!!!  But we were buffeted about quite a bit, and I know the guys wanted to show me how the equipment worked, but my tummy did not appreciate the banking to the right and the left.  I was honest and told the guys I had reached my limit, and we headed back.  It was a choppy landing (the wind had really picked up) and well...suffice to say, it's a good thing they pack barf bags.  At least I waited till we were on the ground!!  Although, man, I felt off the entire afternoon.  It was hard driving home, for goodness sake!  Luckily a nap helped, which I enjoyed after I got home, not while driving!
:)

Calf is still tender, but we'll see what tomorrow's ART session does for it.  It's hard to guide my 10k class (which is up to 28 members...yikes!) without being able to run with them.  Rest is hard.

My cutie-patootie photo of the day...George helping his mama with her Epicure business. 


Later,

No comments: