MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Where'd the weekend go?

One minute it was Thursday and then it's Sunday night...yikes.

Friday boot camp - yes, I made it three times this week and three times in a row. We didn't manage to do either the hill or Douglas Fir, due to the rain that arrived every evening about the same time. So after a quick 10 minute warm-up run, it was a tabata-thon (2.5 minute sessions of 20 seconds on/10 seconds off)! Upper body (curls, lats, dips, then cardio of ladder/push-ups), legs (1-legged squats (OMG - so hard!), swing lunges (same leg forward then back), squats & squat hold, cardio of hurdles and step-ups) and abs (overhead drop legs, toe touches, full body bike, cardio of bird-dog plank (lift opposite arm/leg while in plank) and sprints. That took up most of the hour, so we finished, in the rain, doing negatives. It was all I could do to walk to the car afterwards.

I spent most of Saturday in bed (glorious) or on the couch (also glorious). Yes, I could have done lots, but I didn't. Instead I enjoyed a lazy, lounging day, reading magazines and sipping coffee. Then I got dressed up and went to a friend's housewarming, south of Calgary, just outside Okotoks. Gorgeous house in the country set on 5 acres...view of the mountains, so quiet you could hear the frogs. Saw a deer, went for a walk with friends, met some new ones, and headed for home around 11:30. So, as a good girl, I only had a couple of beers over the course of the evening, knowing I had to get me and James home in one piece.

Set the alarm, intent on going on a slow run this morning, but my head had other ideas. Seriously looked for the axe sticking out of it, as that could be the only explanation for the pain!! Shut the alarm off and went back to sleep for a few more hours. Didn't work, so then shifted to the caffeine/Advil plan. Still hanging on even now, which is very annoying. Will take more Advil before I go back to bed and hopefully will shake this thing by tomorrow. I have to take Mom to the doctors again (follow-up appointment), but at least they listened when I asked for early morning. Okay, so technically I start work at 7 and their first appointment of the day is 9, but we're getting closer to actually meeting my schedule!

I did manage to get outside today, with a trip to Rona to pick up supplies for the building, and then to Mom's to haul garbage and take her for groceries. The maids were there on Friday, but I guess we all let things slide a little too far, as they have to come back another day to clean the main level...spent all day Friday upstairs, it seems. But it's getting clean and that's all the matters.

That's it for me...listening to Les Miserables on PBS, but the 20th Anniversary addition from London, which is not nearly as good the 10th Anniversary Dream Cast version. I mean, Nick Jonas as Marius?!?! Seriously, what were they thinking?! He just looks scared throughout the whole thing.

Later,

No comments: