MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Friday

Today was my last day of work for the week, as Mom has another doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, so I decided to take the whole day off. Don't I plan awesomely fun vacation days?! I am so looking forward to Montreal in April. I don't even care what the weather is like...I'm just going to be away in a city I've never been to and can't wait! Even found out that there is a Running Room right across the street from the hotel, so I can squeeze in the Wednesday and Sunday run, if I so choose...I do have a half to complete the Sunday I return...and a hard Half at that. Weaslehead hill...need I say more?? So I may choose to run with a bunch of complete strangers in a city I've never run in, speaking a language I don't speak. Could be fun!!

Managed to get a lot done today, so I don't feel bad about not being there tomorrow. It's my time to build reports and charts and such, so I'm not under time restraints really, but I do get a lot of questions thrown my way as a result of the data sent out. They're just going to have to go it alone one day.

Came home, changed, dealt with the frozen washer (again) and rushed out for boot camp. The groups keep getting smaller, yet Weight Watchers gets busier and busier. I swear there were zero empty chairs today at lunch (down .4, BTW). The talk today was about the honeymoon period being over, so I sat there and thought long and hard and decided it's time for me to renew my vows and go back on a honeymoon! I want to run Calgary lower than I weighed last year (hauling 20+ pounds is slowing me down) and have three months to do it. I'll write up some vows this weekend and let you all know how they work out.

Back to boot camp...I love wearing the Vibrams during class. I like the slapping sound my feet make when we run! Silly, but it entertains me... We did major circuits today, and I swear my shoulder actually dislocated at one point, but then it popped back in right away! No pain, but wow, what a surprise when you're holding a weight above your head!!! And we focused on everything...no body part was left ignored today...shoulders, triceps, biceps, abs, core, legs. Left exhausted but satisfied with the hard work I did. My goal is to also be back with the 10lb weights by the start of the next clinic too...need to keep switching things up. Left the hall, back into the freezing cold...it was supposed to "warm" up today. They (the evil weather people, who don't know squat) said a Chinook was blowing in...well, it must have blown over us, because it's still -17C with a windchill, and only getting colder. Rumours are that this will be around for the next 3 months, so maybe we will be running Calgary in real snow this year. Yuck!

Home, after swinging into Walmart to pick up a few things, and ate dinner. It was simple, but effective. Chicken nuggets and some baked french fries. Eaten dipped into BBQ sauce. I loaded up on salads at lunch, since my favourite deli is open again, and I also grab their fruit bowl, because it is full of grapes, blueberries, melon (water, cantaloupe and honeydew), oranges and grapefruit. Nary a syrup or sugar molecule to be seen. Glorious, zero-point fresh fruit.

Can't believe it's only 9pm! It feels like midnight. I'm going to wind down and maybe even hit the sack before 10. Up early, just not as early as usual, and in for what could be a long day.

Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive