MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm tired

Okay...I did it...I sipped the Kool-aid at Conference! I am now planning my 2010-2011 goals with Epicure so that I can go to Conference in Montreal next April!!
I am beat though, and it was really, really, really hard to get out of bed this morning AND push out a 32km run. But I did it...didn't eat the best last night as I ordered fish & chips, and after a very frustrating phone-tag conversation with both of my parents (one at home, the other in the hospital), I ended up with 2 pints of Guinness in me before too long! But it was a long, slow today, and that's what we did, although I know we finished a good 20 minutes faster today than in March when we ran the same route. Yay us.
Breakfast was a thin-bun with PB and a banana, a glass of milk and a half a cup of OJ. I didn't end up eating again till I got home at 4:30!! I do run with the water/OJ mix, which I find really helps my electrolytes (I do add sea salt to the mix), and my blood sugars. I didn't feel the need for a goo, even though I had one with me. And because I was 'on the go' right after the run, I only grabbed a bottle of 1% chocolate milk (BEST recovery stuff, EVER!), which tided me over while I stopped to pick up a set of keys from B. (I'm cat-sitting while she's in Vegas) and then down to get Mom to go visit Dad in the hospital.
I don't know what the hospital is giving him, but seriously...I want some!!! He spent the whole afternoon explaining about the cowboys riding the elephants that were unloading across the street, in the "straw" neighbourhood that just put up the plastic trees last night, and how the houses are all be shifted into place by remote control, and how the one building wasn't there yesterday, but is there today (it's in the neighbourhood we grew up in, and has been there for about 40 years!) although it will be gone tomorrow. Yet, he's lucid...completely calm...everything else is normal, although he was questioning if we had the proper 210 plugs for the outlets (we're not in Europe, Dad). Even the nurse was looking at him funny, although she explained to us later that it's most likely the infection he has in his chest spreading into his brain. They are battling that even as we speak! Good, because one parent with brain issues is all I can handle, seriously!!
Dropped mom off and picked up some milk and such for the week. And now, at 8:26pm, I am going to bed!
Back to some semblance of normalcy this week...hopefully that will help me dislodge and remove the 1.6 lbs I "found" this week.
Oh, and if you want to book an Epicure party (Calgary and area, although I have driven to Edmonton for one!), let me know!! I need to start saving for Montreal!!! Viva la Epicure!!
Later,

No comments: