MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One pint, two pint...

I am officially sleepy...9.18km (which included 9 hill repeats) and two pints of Guinness makes for one sleepy Carol.
Hills were good, but both Garrath and K. thought I was going to be sick...I tried to convince them that it was just the reflection of my lime green shirt on my face (I did feel okay, really!) but they weren't buying it. Really, I felt fine...okay, my lungs wouldn't open up, given the dust and wind tonight but even they cooperated after another hit of Ventolin and I was on my way.
Chest up, head up, neck & back straight, pump the arms forward and back - not side to side, shorten and quicken the stride, aim for tempo, hold in the gut...DAMN, there's a lot to remember while simply running up and down a hill!!!
9.18km
9 hills
147 bpm (85%)
8:50 average pace
I'll take it.
Breakfast was oatmeal, lunch was a chicken & avocado sandwich and a bowl of tomato vegetable soup, and dinner was some polenta, this time with cottage cheese (protein), the tomato sauce with portabello mushrooms and green peppers and some more shredded cheese. Bake in hot oven till ooey, gooey mess. Fast and good! Just had another piece, as I successfully avoided all the chicken wings and french fries being offered my way at the pub.
Which was crazy busy...guess most of Calgary is Irish tonight, but we managed to find a corner (this pub loves us, as our group of runners goes every Wednesday night and orders beers and food...they make room for us) and I enjoyed two pints of the wonderful elixir that is Guinness. Now I am home, and the eyes are at half-mast.
Night all...
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive