MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday, dear Canada...
Happy birthday to yyyyyyyooooouuuuuu...
Trust me...this is the ONLY way you want to hear me sing!
Celebrated Canada Day so far the only way for a typical Canadian...sleeping in! :) I did not have to get up at the 'crack of stupid' (sorry, H-Woman...just keep telling yourself "double-time"!), although the fur-babies did their tag-team darnedest to make sure I got up and fed them at their usual time of 6 am...good thing I've always been really good at rolling over and falling back asleep!


Finally got up at 8:30 and made a latte (1 c 1% milk + 1 c espresso, pressed myself), watched Anna Olsen cook some lovely food, cheered on fellow Canuck Rob Feenie on Iron Chef (he won!) and then decided I was hungry and it was time to eat. Enjoyed an Ezekiel English muffin with almond butter, apple slices, all natural cinnamon honey and some craisins for colour and texture. Then I had a Green Monster to tide me over till dinner. I am really LOVING those things...if you haven't tried it yet, do so. You will be pleasantly surprised at the taste. I can even drink them out of a clear beer pint glass...kind of ironic, actually, since beer used to make me turn that colour (look at how Canadian I am!)!!


I then went out into my hallway (house is way cluttered, and I need to seriously do something about that) to do the Wednesday Fitness Challenge for the 15-Week Challenge. I am getting much better at v-sits, but still need to work on side plank. Front plank is getting much easier (don't get me wrong...still sweat up a storm, and my arms were shaking by the end, but I used to only hold for 38 seconds from my elbows...now I do full arms/legs), thanks in part to Boot Camp. Have I mentioned that I HEART trainer Josh?! He pushed us hard last night (1st of another 6 week set) and warned H. and I that we were in for "a killer group" on Friday! BRING IT ON!!!! I also took my measurements (like to do that on the 1st of the month) but couldn't find prior months to compare to. Where has that spreadsheet gone?! However, I did stumble across many of my past spreadsheet journals, and what's really sad...and I mean really freaking, frustratingly sad is that I have stuck around the same weight for over 3 years now. That's all the while attending weight watchers every week, running at lunch, training for half and full marathons, etc. And it's no where near my goal weight (which I could deal with if it were 5-10 pounds, but it's more like 40 away!). Okay, so I have proven I am really, really, really, really good at maintenance!!!! That part will be easy, obviously...it's the getting to goal that's proving to be the challenge. BUT, that being said, I am beautiful, inside and out, and I am proud of how I look and feel. I am a 46 year old asthmatic who ran a marathon, for crying out loud! I WILL stand up and be proud!!!
Okay...time to get moving and see what the rest of Canada Day will bring for me. I'm going to experiment with a 'pub' dinner tonight, to see if I can skinny it up for the food challenge this week. Details (and photos) to follow.


No comments:

Blog Archive