MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday musings

I said I would and I did. I set the alarm, got out of bed at 7:30 and was on the paths running just after 9. Had a rather large distance to cover today (29km) but also had a contact fitting at Costco at 3, so I decided to run 2 hours and 2 hours back and see how I did.
Dinner last night was fabbo chicken curry with mounds of fresh veggies on rice. That appeared to carbo load me just fine for today, and after breakfast of a few spoonfuls of yogurt, a glass of 1% chocolate milk, oatmeal (1/2 oats, 1 c milk, 1/8 c craisons and a tbsp of sliced almonds), I was ready to run.
Started out nice and strong, sticking to the 10:1 schedule and making good time. There was one of many races going on around town today on the Bow River pathway, along with every person who lives in or around Calgary (can you tell we woke up to a nice day today??), but I persevered and pushed forward. Started at my usual spot in Eau Claire, ran east to Langevin (Edmonton Trail), crossed the river, west to 10th street, crossed the river, west to Crowchild, crossed the river (all those crossings do add up) and then all the way past Shouldice bridge and into Bowness. Did some looping on the sidestreets to hit the 2 hour mark (and 14.3km?) before turning back.
And that's when it happens...doesn't seem to matter if I run out 5k or 50k...when I turn back, I lose steam. So, I walked...but made sure that my heart-rate stayed around the 80% of max mark (which my overall average worked out to 83%...very good) and that my pace did not go much above 9 min/km (9.19 - not too bad). So...I think I need to find a loop, and stop this running out and back garbage. I believe that most of distance running is mental...after all, the mechanics of it is simple...left, right, repeat. But boy oh boy, once those negative voices get in your head, you're done. Vancouver is in 28 sleeps...need to start finding those inspirational thoughts that will get me through it. I want to enjoy this experience, not regret it from the start.

Month over month review:
weight loss in March: 1.2 lbs. People have been commenting on my weight loss, but it really is the reshaping they're seeing, not the number on the scale. I have to remember to say thank you though, which is still difficult not to follow with a "but...".
The inches didn't drop so much this month, as I appear to have rebounded on a few, but then I most certainly didn't stick to the running routine as well in March as I did in February.
Bust: 42, down .25
Waist: 39.75, up .5
Hips: 44.5, up .5
Thigh: 27.5, up .5
Calf: 16.25, up .5
Arm: 12.25, down .75
Running: 94.46 km
Walking: 16.05 km
12 / 31 days

Wow...did I ever mess up training in March. Back at it full force in April - decided that I have to be selfish at work and take my lunch breaks for running, instead of working through them all time. The job will still be there, and won't get done any faster, so why was I so ready to give up on myself?? In fact, so far 5 days into April, and I've already passed 1/3 of last months km's.

That's it for me today. I'm off to find more painkillers (I love to run...have I mentioned that?!) and reheat last night's curry for supper tonight. Make breakfast & lunch for tomorrow and then early to bed!

Have a great night.

No comments: